Monday, July 6, 2009

Lilly Sews!

Today was a very special day around here. Lilly, now 2 and a half, sewed for the first time. I have to say I am proud as punch :) She loves to watch me sew. She has been taking pieces of fabric and little pieces of thread that fall on the floor and pretending to sew. Since she is so interested I decided to let her give it a try. I put a little scrap between an emroidery hoop and gave her a needle threaded and knotted with pink embroidery floss. I showed her how to put the needle through and pull it out on the other side. She kept saying "up, down, up down" in her cheerful, enthusiastic voice. I took a couple of pictures and I will be saving that piece of embroidered fabric forever! Hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July!

5 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwwwwwww....How cute! You sure are starting her off early, but that is a "very good thing!" Wish I could have been there! Post a pic of the finished product.. please..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ABSOLUTELY PRICELESS!!!!
    Just love those precious little fingers!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute!!! I wish I could have seen her! I'm sure it must have been a very special day! Love,
    Sayuri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you kidding me? This is almost surreal to me because my kids would be administering accupuncture on each other if I gave them needles!! Lilly amazes me at her dainty cupcake icing application and her eeentricate use of a NEEDLE at 2 and a half, she is just a WONDER and I will happily remind her of this when she is 22. :) Love you
    ~Critty

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...