Tuesday, June 16, 2009

T-Shirt Redo

I love the idea of taking clothes you already have and remaking them or embellishing them to turn them into a new piece. It is economical, creative, and green. I have been obsessing over all of the ruffles over at jcrew.com. I love all the ebellished t-shirts, but in these economic times it is not always an option to pay $39-$50 for a tee. I started looking around the web for some shirt embellishing ideas. I found this one, this one, and this one. I had a tee shirt that I bought on sale at Old Navy for like $4. I used an old white t-shirt I already had for the ruffle. I sort of combined the techniques I found online and voila! I am pretty happy with the results. I will be posting some more clothing remixes that I have done so stay tuned. Meanwhile check out Joy's Hope, Some Girls Wander, and My Mama Made It for more fashion remix ideas.

3 comments:

  1. You are so creative! That is adorable.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Inspired as usual! The detail work is so eeeentricate and lovely! I am so impresed! Can't wait to see the men's shirt dress too! This is like a really good sitcom....I'll keep watching and waiting girfrehn! Love you!xox
    ~Critty

    ReplyDelete
  3. . A handful of American experts claim that the name was coined in 1932 when Howard Jones commissioned "Jockey" to design a new sweat absorbing shirt for the USC Trojans football team. Branded t shirts

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...