Wednesday, June 17, 2009

More Fashion Remixes

I bought this button down a few years ago for a few bucks at a thrift store. I always wanted to do something to it to spruce it up. I found this lovely butterfly floral print at a little quilt shop and decided to applique some of the designs onto the shirt. I outlined the designs with large running stitches using embroidery thread. I love contrasting and oversized stitches on clothes and decor. I appliqued on the collar and on the bottom left shirt tail. You could use this technique to cover up stains on a favorite shirt that you just can't part with. The possibilities are endless.
I picked up this blue cardigan at Ross for under $10. I had seen a similar embellishment on a shirt at Anthropologie years ago that probably cost like bazillion dollars. I'm not really sure of the exact price because it wasn't on the sale rack and I only look at prices on the sale rack at Anthropologie. I layered yo-yos, vintage lace, fabric leaves cut with pinking shears, and vintage buttons to create a "corsage".
I still have more ideas to come. This is my next project! Can't wait to share it with you when I'm finished. Thrift store men's department here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...