Friday, July 2, 2010

Happy 4th...I'm Back!

It has been so long since I have blogged that I almost forgot my password. I had to take a blogging hiatus due to some ups and downs in my personal world, but I'm back!
A few days ago one of my dearest friends Amy (I've blogged about her on several occasions) called and said she was heading south and going to stop by for a visit. I was super excited because she is one of my favorite people and Lilly was super excited because her son, Nolan, happens to be her "prince", that's really what she calls him. Amy and I are holiday freaks so of course with it being just days from the 4th of July I had to start whipping up a mini patriotic party for 2. Lilly and I spent the day Thursday making party preparations. First, we made cupcakes, after all no party is complete without cupcakes... Last July I did a tutorial on the patriotic crepe paper fringe and linked these printable cupcake toppers. You can find it all here.
Next, we made red and blue kool aid ice cubes... Then I made some patriotic tissue paper pom poms because I love pom poms and I have to drape something from this chandelier at every holiday... Next, I made the kiddos some festive goodies. I picked up some red and blue tin pails in the dollar spot at Target and filled them with my favorite childhood fireworks: snakes, pop-its, and smoke bombs. I also included packs of skittles that fiz and pop in your mouth! At Walmart I found some cute red and blue melamine plates and used a permanent paint pen to personalize them for the holiday. I completed the place setting with a box of Cracker Jacks tied up with sparkly stars and ribbon. I love the Cracker Jack packaging, still the same as it was when I was a kid and so perfect for the 4th!
A fun time was had by all!
Happy Birthday U.S.A.! I wish you all a blessed holiday.
~Molly

2 comments:

  1. Molly, so good to have you back! What a wonderful post! I love all your red, white and blue decoration ideas. Can't wait to make some of your ideas! If you have time from your busy weekend, come by and check out my 4th of July post and see my little patriotic grandson! Have a wonderful 4th!

    Live Creatively, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW ADORABLE ARE NOLAN & LILLY!!!
    They're little Holiday Party Animals....thanks to their SUPER MOMS!
    You are amazing and I just love watching you create such wonderful decorations.
    Love you!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...