Thursday, March 31, 2011

Our Easter Tree is Up!

I had the most fun putting my Easter tree together this year. I retired my little Easter tree (actually Lilly adopted it for her room). I can't stop buying glittery butterflies, birds and eggs so I had to upsize.
I used oak leaf branches I found in the woods behind my house. I spray painted them a light green. Then, I mixed in some arificial blossoming branches from Michael's. I was really pleased with how natural they look . I tucked in a little nest I made at the base of the tree. I made the robin's eggs last year using this tutorial.
I bought this ornament on a trip to Austria my husband and I took back in 2001 during the Easter season. I just adore the little love chicks (cuddling at the bottom right) and the daisies.
This beautiful swan is my newest addition to my tree. It was made by artist Heidi Wallingford. The minute I saw it at the Marie Event, I knew it had to be mine :)
I bought this egg a few weeks ago while visiting the historic town of Micanopy. I just think it is amazing! It came from a magical little place called "The Shop". My Mimi used to take me there to shop for holiday decorations when I was little. If you live in Florida or are visiting the Ocala/Gainesville area you must visit downtown Micanopy. It is a lovely little street lined with antique and gift shops.
I am in full party planning mode getting ready for Lilly's Easter girly tea party. More to come on that soon! Enjoy your day!~Molly

3 comments:

  1. Moll! The Easter tree and decorations are gorgeous! Sky would so appreciate everything! The kids are already stoked about Easter, I am not sure they realize it is so far away but we will have fun celebrating all month long! :) I love the trim to the sides of your blog, since the Marie Party I am so loving turquoise and pink more than ever! Hope we get to see the decorations in person soon! All my Love! XOX
    ~Critty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molly the tree is beautiful! You know Easter was not a favorite holiday for me but your creations make me love it again.
    Love you,
    Rhinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. everything is so wonderfull enchanted here! love all the things you share. warm wishes and a sunny weekend! di
    ;0)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...