Saturday, February 12, 2011

Valentine Fortune Flower

To make this little pretty I gathered supplies from around my house: an old vanilla extract bottle, vintage buttons, crochet thread, vintage lace, card stock and brown ink. I removed the label from the bottle and cleaned it out with warm soapy water. I printed out the phrases on off white card stock, cut them out and inked the edges to give them an aged look. Then, I threaded a chenille stem through the shank of my button and twisted it to form a stem. I glued a smaller button to the center of the larger one and then glued the petals to the back of the large button with a glue gun. I decorated the bottle with crochet thread, vintage lace and ric rac. I slipped the flower into the "vase" and voila. A new valentine decoration with an old feel. Hope you are having a LOVEly weekend. ~Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...