Monday, September 5, 2011

A Most Curious Affair

A couple of weeks ago I was checking out at the grocery store and happened to see the Better Homes and Gardens Halloween publication. I was flipping through the pages and saw this...

I was freaking out! I fell in love with this wonderland party. I decided then and there that I must host a wonderland inspired Halloween party for my art group "Pretty and Vintage Things" . I can't wait!

I started right away thinking of a project that we could make together at the gathering. I came up with the idea of an altered cookbook. It will be filled with whimsical collages and delightful recipes of treats one might eat at a the Mad Hatter's tea party. I began my sample cookbook last week and it is coming along nicely...

I made the cover by painting, distressing and drilling holes into a bare wood picture frame.

(this idea was inspired by a project seen in Lisa Kettell's book "Altered Circus")

binding detail a pocket on the inside of the front cover to tuck in recipe cards and tags
decorated pages
I will be sure to keep you up to date on my party plans...I can't wait to work on my costume and share it with you! xoxo Molly

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...